Monday 1 February 2016

Day 1

Day 1...

So today is day one, it's not even 10 am, and I'm already off to a bad start! I woke up, got my little man up, took him to the potty, made him his breakfast, poured myself a cup of cold coffee left over from when the other half went to work early this morning, heated it in the microwave, and sat down to try to wake myself up. A big part of losing weight, and a huge problem I have, is getting enough sleep on a daily basis. Let's just say I've had better nights than last night. Between my insomnia keeping me awake, a certain other half hogging the bed, tossing and turning all night because I just could not get comfortable, and a little man who likes to be up early in the morning; I did not get much sleep last night.

One of my biggest issues when it comes to losing weight is that I don't eat often enough, which is a big issue when you already don't have much of a metabolism thanks to my hypothyroid.  I usually eat 1 or 2 bigger meals throughout the day, instead of 5 - 6 smaller ones. On a normal day it's not until after noon, and hours after I wake before I feel hungry and get to sit down and have a meal for myself. I got distracted watching 'Grease: Live' last night and did not get any of the meal prep I planned on doing done yesterday. No sleep, and no prep makes for a bad morning.

As I am writing this I realized that it's close to 11 am and I have yet to eat so off to make breakfast I go...

This morning I made a 2 egg omelet with sautéed mushrooms, mini red pepper, kale, cheese and some dynamite Flavor God seasoning cooked in coconut oil and half a large banana on the side. Accompanied by 1 liter of water, a cup of turmeric tea with honey, and of course my thyroid medication.



Now I forgot to weigh myself first thing in the morning so my starting weight will be a little off as I took it after I ate. I stepped on the scale at 221.4 lbs. And I will take measurements once I find my fabric tape measure. 

Lunch today was easy and fast as I was busy prepping veggies for the week, so a smoothie it was to share with my little man. 
Smoothie contained 2 cups of mixed greens smoothie mix that includes shredded carrots, red chard, kale, beet greens, and shredded broccoli stalk,  1 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries, a scoop of chocolate Shakeology, 1/2 cup of almond milk and 1 1/2 cups of water. 

I also made a batch of Oatmeal Banana Applesauce Cookies, using homemade unsweetened applesauce I canned in the summer using apples picked from the 
inlaws tree. They are perfect for a snack, or those mornings where I just don't have energy to make anything. 

Dinner tonight I made the goose some zucchini bites in a mini muffin pan (shredded zucchini,  diced onion, grated cheese, and egg) and for myself I sautéed some shrimp in Chipotle Flavor God seasoning with quinoa and kale. 



No comments:

Post a Comment